Planning Ahead: The Best Time of Year to Book Your Mexican Christmas Vacation
When it comes to planning international travel, it’s always best to do it a little in advance. Between making sure you have your passport and converting your money to reserving a spot at your favorite location, there’s quite a bit of work to do.
This is especially true when you plan a seasonal getaway (travel during Thanksgiving, Christmas, or other winter holidays). Because these are the most popular times to travel, it’s always better to ensure that you have your place reserved, paid for, and ready to go.
When Should I Book My Vacation?
Here at Casa de la Sirena, we always suggest booking a Christmas beach vacation about eight months to a full year in advance. These are our busiest times, and we see quite a bit of repeat visitors who come back year after year to spend their holidays with us. While we do have plenty of space for new visitors, it’s better to book early. That way, you can reserve the perfect vacation accommodations for your group — and spend the rest of the time planning all the great activities you can do together!
Large parties (especially weddings, family reunions, and corporate retreats) should also plan on booking in advance, regardless of the time of year. Even a trip during the slower summer months is best reserved ahead of time, since we do have limited facilities for large parties.
Planning Your Trip
Once the reservations are in place, you can use your time to prepare for your trip and ensure that there are no last-minute rushes to get everything done. When traveling to Mexico, here are a few key tips:
- Get a passport. You will need a passport to travel to and from Mexico and the United States. These take several months to process, so don’t put this off until the last minute. Additional considerations, like tourist cards and/or visas, may apply for your unique situation and should be looked in to ahead of time.
- Exchange your currency. Although big expenditures (like your accommodations and big tourist expeditions) can be purchased on a credit or debit card, you’ll want cash for the smaller things. It’s usually easier to get this done at home, rather than waiting until you arrive.
- Consider travel insurance. It’s not for everyone, but some people choose to travel as safely as possible. This might mean carrying special travel insurance for health, evacuation, or even potential cancellation issues.
- Get immunized and follow health procedures. International travel precautions should always be taken. Get any immunizations recommended by the U.S. travel authorities, and be sure to study up on practical food safety practices, like not drinking the water or eating unwashed produce.
- Learn a little Spanish. Here in Troncones, you’ll find that we are able to accommodate English speakers very well. However, we firmly believe you can enhance your international experience by learning a little of the language and preparing to engage the locals in conversation.
- Set up an itinerary. Some travelers like to make plans as they go; others prefer to have their entire schedule planned out and ready to go. Either way, it’s a good idea to get your hands on a guidebook and read up on the area. You might find a few places you can’t miss while you’re here.
- Book flights and other transportation methods. Like resort rates, you can often find the best prices for airline travel when you book in advance. Purchase your airline tickets and figure out how you intend to get around in Zihuatanejo and Troncones ahead of time, and you can save yourself a lot of money and effort.
The time is right to book your Mexican Christmas vacation — for this year or next year. We provide reservations well in advance, so its never too early to start planning your dream vacation and getting everything in order to enjoy Mexico the way it was meant to be enjoyed: stress-free!