Troncones is a small village on a pristine, never crowded, 3 mile stretch of beach approximately 15 miles north of the towns of Zihuatanejo and Ixtapa (airport code ZIH) off of Highway 200. It is perfectly set right between the Sierra Madre Mountains and the Pacific Ocean. The population is about 500 people, consisting of native families, Americans, Europeans, Canadians and other cultures. The people are warm, friendly and hospitable. They want to know you and they want to know you will come back to see them!
On warm, moonlit nights we still see endangered sea turtles laying their eggs on our beaches. Flocks of pelicans search the waters for lunch and pods of dolphins and whales cruise up (or down, depending on the season) the coastline.
The village and beach offer sand combing, caves, world class surfing, bird watching, eco tours, horseback riding, surfing, swimming, snorkeling, biking, hiking, fishing, tidal pool exploring, birding and meeting new amigos. We are home to a mirage of fabulous restaurants….traditional Mexican fare, seafood right from our ocean (divers get oysters and lobsters right in front of the property), hamburgesas, and California-style culinary delights. We even have a restaurant that is owned and operated by a graduate of a U.S. Culinary Academy.
There are frequent activities held in the village at which you’ll be more than welcomed. There are soccer and basketball games, weddings and Quinceañeras, and they are held usually on Saturday nights at the basketball court or soccer field. Most of these events are publicized at the last minute, so do read any fliers you see posted on our bulletin board …..the event could be in a few hours.
- En Suite Massages/Facials
- Sea Turtle Releases
- JOY of walking a never crowded beach
- Hammock Lounging
- Kayak Eco Tours
- Surfing/Surfing by Boat/Lessons
- Tidal Pools
- Cooking/Being cooked for en suite /Dining out
All in the same day!!!
- Horseback Riding
- Remembering who you are
- Chartered Sea Fishing
- Fly Fishing
- En Suite Manicures/Pedicures
- Eco Tours
- Boogie Boarding
- Meeting new amigos
Ixtapa/Zihuatanejo (about 20 minutes south) offers in addition
- World Class Dining
- Golf & Tennis
- Deep Sea Fishing
- Parasailing/Wave Runner Rentals
- Mexican Crafts/Boutique Shopping
- Island Tours/Snorkeling Trips
Useful Links for activities & information about Ixtapa, ZIhuatanejo and Troncones, Mexico and other websites of note.
- Another Day in Paradise – our local English language news magazine.
- Zihua-Ixtapa.com – Guide to Ixtapa/Zihuatanejo and Troncones – dive sites, surfing, beach activities
- Surfing in Mexico – Guerrero surf spots and info
- ZihuaRob’s Guide to Troncones
- ZihuaRob’s Guide to Zihuatanejo-Ixtapa
- Zoe Kayak Tours – Ecological kayak tours to nearby lagoons – a birdwatcher’s paradise!
- Zihuatanejo International Guitar Festival – A week of guitar music in paradise, and annual event happening every spring…
- We encourage travel insurance. We have heard good things about www.travelinsured.com and www.1TravelInsurance.com .
- Emergency Evacuation Insurance
- William P. McElligott Photography
- Aaron Willcox Photography
- Dorey Design Group Website Design and Digital Marketing