From Our Blog ...
The sleepy beach town of Troncones, which is located about a half hour’s drive north of Zihuatanejo beach resorts and Ixtapa vacation rentals, might not be the first place you think of for big adventure and even bigger adrenaline. After all, pictures here capture happy couples getting married in the sunset, tropical drinks being sipped on a hammock, and the serene crash of the waves on shore.
However, don’t be deceived by the low-key atmosphere you find here. If action and adventure are what you’re after, extreme sports in Troncones offer more than enough opportunities to make your vacation more than just another day at the beach.
Mexico Beach Resorts: The Perfect Extreme Sports Setting
The area around Troncones is ideal for an active lifestyle. In and around the beach town itself, you’ll find opportunities to hike, bike, horseback ride, and surf. Surfing in Mexico is one of the biggest draws for those willing to take on a few more hazards than the average tourist.
Of course, this doesn’t mean that surfing is all you’ll have to do. Ixtapa and Zihuatanejo, two larger tourist destinations located nearby, are hotspots for sports enthusiasts. Depending on your interests and how much time you have to spend on your vacation, you’ll find:
- Scuba Diving: More than 30 popular diving sites and tours can be found along this part of the Mexican coast. All skills levels are invited, from first-time divers to those who’ve been under the water for years. Snorkeling is also a favorite pastime here.
- Kayak Tours: Taking you into the ocean and along hidden routes to explore coves and caves, there is no better way to view the Mexico waters than by kayak.
- Rappel and Caving Excursions: The topography of the coastal areas is really quite varied. In addition to the white sandy beaches and coastline, there are many different peaks that take extreme sports to the next level. Whether you want to rappel down a mountain cliff or explore a cave by harness, there are adventures in store for you here.
- Skydiving and Ziplines: Although there are only a few facilities in the area that offer trustworthy airborne excursions, these options certainly provide a unique way to view the landscape. If you’ve never been skydiving before, a zipline is a nice way to ease into the sport.
- Golf: Maybe it’s not quite as extreme as you were hoping for, but golf is one of the more popular sports in this part of Mexico. Ixtapa has two quality courses that allow you to rent all the equipment you’ll need.
- Surfing: Enough can’t be said about the surfing in Ixtapa, Zihuatanejo, and Troncones. Almost every month out of the year finds big waves in select locations known in surfing communities worldwide. As a smaller, beach-oriented community, Troncones is particularly well-known for its surfing features.
A Mexico vacation villa doesn’t have to be all about rest and relaxation. Whether you want to spend a few days exploring the extreme sport options while you’re here, or if high-adrenaline adventure is your goal every day, you’ll find plenty to keep you occupied. And because you can explore it all from your Troncones villa, it’s easy to ensure that everyone has a great time!