From Our Blog ...
One of the benefits of booking a Mexican vacation villa like Casa de la Sirena is that you have the opportunity to enjoy a quiet tropical background that’s ideal for rest and relaxation. In fact, that’s why we built our outdoor yoga compound, a beachfront complex of serenity rooms that offer the perfect setting for private yoga groups and bridal events.
Because we don’t have an on-staff yoga instructor, groups that plan on renting the space for their retreat will need to do a little advance planning. Here are a few tips for making the most out of your group yoga retreat in Mexico:
- Compile a Group: The yoga facilities at Casa de la Sirena can hold up to 18 guests (9 separate beachfront rooms). In most cases, larger groups work best, since you’ll be able to take advantage of greater savings that way. We recommend groups of friends or work colleagues—travel with people you don’t know is a possibility, but it’s always more fun with those you know!
- Hire a Yoga Instructor: If you want to have a professionally-led yoga retreat, you’ll need to bring your own yoga instructor with you. We have found that this approach works better than having a yoga teacher on staff, since so many people have personal relationships with their yoga groups. Having an instructor you know and are comfortable working with will greatly enhance your retreat experience.
- Coordinate Meals and Rooms in Advance: To avoid last-minute scrambles, include a meal and room plan in your yoga retreat. You can bring a cook with you to handle all the food (our on-site cooking facilities are designed to be used by guests), or you can check out the local restaurants or facilities to learn what’s available. Our villas are also flexible and accommodating, with the option of housing several people in the same facility to lower costs without sacrificing privacy.
- Travel Together: Traveling as a group is a great way to save money and time. In addition to possible discounts from your airline, you can rent a van to take you from the airport to Troncones as a group. Although this part of Mexico is noted for its accessibility to tourists, there is also an element of safety that comes from group travel.
- Don’t Run it As a For-Profit Option: Legally, you cannot book individuals for a travel excursion without a proper license. While it is perfectly acceptable for you to organize the trip and pool money to cover expenses, you cannot organize the trip with an intent to make money unless you have the right authorization.
Of course, the most important thing you can do to organize a Mexican yoga retreat is to prepare for fun. Although your focus will be on rest and relaxation, be sure to bring cameras, dancing shoes, and swim gear. Casa de la Sirena is a great place to enjoy your own private yoga getaway…but it is also so much more!